[Samba] performance problems

vincent blondel vincent.blondel at chello.be
Sun Apr 21 01:55:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to set up share folders on my linux slackware 8 with samba
2.2.0a. I was using two ethernet cards in 10 mb/s with the following configuration and I had no problem.

But now, I am using two ethernet cards with 100mb/s connection and I get a lot of problems.

I have well read/write access on my share folders ...
I can well copy files from my linux server to my windows workstation ...
but I have lot of problems by copying files from my windows workstation to
my linux server.

I always get buffers problems, "connection lost" problems. When I copy one
little file, there is no problem and when I copy lot of files, problems are
coming up. I tried to put in my config file "socket options = TCP_NODELAY"
but it doesn't change anything.

[global]
workgroup = TEST
encrypt passwords = yes