[Samba] Help with printer logs

Douglas G. Phillips csdgp at eiu.edu
Sat Apr 20 10:55:02 GMT 2002

Take a look at the Printbill program (I forget who it is written by), but
it has a feature that bypasses it's billing system and just logs who printed
and how much.  It's a perl filter that would be called from the
/etc/printcap file.

Just search for "Printbill" on google.

One side note: It seems that the "latest" release at the time that I worked
on it had some coding that didn't work right - I had to fix some things in
addition to the customization that we needed for our purposes.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 01:37:54PM -0400, Joel Hammer wrote:
> I am sure there are many ways to do this, but, for simple logging, the

<snip>

> Of course, this doesn't tackle the tough questions like how much the user
> printed.

<snip>

> > I have printer shared over the samba. What I need is to set up a loging for
> > printer events. (Who,When....)

<snip>
--
Douglas G. Phillips
ITS/User Services

--
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."