[Samba] Connecting to A Domain

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 19 11:04:03 GMT 2002

Angel,

Is "fileserver" the PDC for the domain? In my experience, it needs to be:

	smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r PDC

( No experience with the -U flag ) I have to have the machine account for
my server created in the domain by the domain admin before I can execute
this command successfully.

HTH

	--Ben--

--On Friday, April 19, 2002 11:01:08 AM -0500 "Angel F. Rosa"
<Angel.Rosa at ra5.com> wrote:

| Hello,
|
| Trying to connect to an NT Domain fro a Solaris 8 System....
|
| ran this command with no luck;   what am I missing?
|
| /usr/local/samba/bin>smbpasswd -j domain_name -r fileserver -U usertest
| Password:
| Unable to join domain domain_name.
| /usr/local/samba/bin>
|
| Thanks,