[Samba] Please check my config

Jan Luehr jluehr at gmx.net
Fri Apr 19 10:04:04 GMT 2002

Greetings,

sorry, I'm new here, so please be patient and don't blame me if I forgot some
rules.

Well my problem is: I've Samba 2.2.0a, running on a linux Server. No I want
to create a virtual Servers. One of them is for the Win9x Client (not
encrypted) and a WinNT PDC.

After learning that it is impossible to integrate the servers in different
workgroups, I'm not sure which entries have to be in the root config and
which not, because WinNT have to pick up the right server.

Please check my config, wheter it's ok and runable and what unforseebale
problems are caused by it.

My idea is:

smb.conf

[global]
netbios name = omikron
netbios aliases = omega
interfaces = 192.168.1.200/255.255.255.0
update encypted = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/privat/smbpasswd
keepalive = 30
map arichive = no
mangled names = no
passwd program = /usr/bin/oldpasswd %u
psswd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *changed
passwd chat debug = True
domain logons = yes
security = user
include /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L