[Samba] How do I give W2K user ROOT permissions?

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Fri Apr 19 09:51:02 GMT 2002

I have Samba 2.2.3a and am using winbind to allow Samba to allow W2K users
access to files on my RedHat Linux 7.2 server (using the W2K DC to
authenticate users, i.e. security=domain).

I have a backup program on the W2K side that needs permission to write to
user directories (setting the archive bit) that have chmod 750 permissions.

Can anyone tell me how to set up the security so that this backup user can
backup the user files without me having to change the permissions to 770,
because I don't want other users having write access to each others folders
and files.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Bramblett