[Samba] IPv6 patch for Samba 2.2.3a is available

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Fri Apr 19 09:00:03 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I've modified Samba 2.2.3a to enable SMB connections over IPv6.  Both the
server and client are able to use IPv6 as a transport for sessions on port
tcp/445.  The patch, source RPM, and directions are available here:

http://v6web.litech.org/samba/

Once I get some feedback from testers on whether it compiles and works on
various platforms, I'll adapt the patch to CVS HEAD for inclusion in the
official Samba package.

If you'd like to help IPv6 adoption, even if your system doesn't have IPv6
connectivity, download and test the patch.  Or at least make sure it
compiles with the --with-ipv6 flag, particularly on "less-popular"
architectures.

Please report your experiences, good or bad...  -Nathan

--
| Nathan Lutchansky | lutchann at litech.org |  Lithium Technologies  |