[Samba] Unable to see print queue from Windows

Dan Finch dafinch at iusb.edu
Fri Apr 19 08:21:38 GMT 2002

Using Samba 2.2.3a on a Linux Redhat 7.2 server.  I have configured a couple
printers with LPRng.  I am able to fully use the printers from Linux.  When
I browse the server from windows I can see all the printer shares I have
setup.  I am able to open them and setup a print driver for them.  But if I
try to open the printer after that I get Access denied, unable to connect
accross the top of the printer box.  The interesting thing is I can print to
the printer.

I have checked the lpd.perms.  I just have DEFAULT ACCEPT in there atm.

Listing below part of my smb.conf that has the printing information.

   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   printing = lprng
[printers]