[Samba] Refresh problem

Nicolas Kowalski Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Fri Apr 19 01:40:03 GMT 2002

Hello.

We are running with success Samba 2.2.2 on a SunOS 5.7 sparc
server. This is the main Samba server on our local network (Wins,
Homes).

A user developping on a Win2K workstation is experiencing some refresh
problems : he uses some Makefiles generating source files, which are
immediatly processed by a compiler. The problem is that the source
files newly generated are "refreshed" only after a short (but existing
delay) of 2-3 seconds. During this period, only previous versions of
the files generated are available.

The configuration file smb.conf uses all the default settings for
protocol parameters. Is there a way to tune Samba to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.