[Samba] Locking Errors with Samba 2.2.3a on HP-UX 11.00

Kerns, Mike mike.kerns at boeing.com
Thu Apr 18 11:56:02 GMT 2002

Hiya!

You can also use kmtune(1m) to change the parameter.  We set kmtune to 2048
on an N-4000 running Samba, Oracle8i and Seagate's HOLOS.

To query the current value of nflocks do this:

	kmtune -q nflocks

svr1.root /root$ kmtune -q nflocks
Parameter            Value
===
nflocks              2048
svr1.root /root$

Then to change the parameter do the following:

	cd /stand/build

	/usr/lbin/sysadm/system_prep -s system

	kmtune -s nflocks = 2048 -S /stand/build/system

	config -u system

	mv /stand/system /stand/system.prev

	mv /stand/build/system /stand/system

	cd /

	shutdown -r -y 0

This will set kmtune to 2048, rebuild your kernel, and shutdown will reboot
it.  Of course, you might want to let your customers know you are going to
reboot before you do it, just a thought.  :)

HTH/HAND,

Mike Kerns