[Samba] windows shutdown problem

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu Apr 18 11:15:02 GMT 2002

On 18 Apr 2002, gabor wrote:

> hi,
>
> what can i do when i have a samba share mounted in my system, and then
> the computer-who-shares shuts down?
>
> i can't smbumount that share, and nothing except restart helps..

smbumount requires a working smbfs. umount is better at dealing with
disconnected mounts.

You could try this patch vs 2.4.4 (kernel) and see if it helps:
	http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.4.4-poll.patch
	(Note: this address may become invalid in the near future)

For later kernels there is a more experimental patch for 2.4.17
	http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.4.17-2.5.patch.gz

I have done something for 2.2 also, but since you don't say which kernel
you are using I can't be more specific.

/Urban