[Samba] Locking Errors with Samba 2.2.3a on HP-UX 11.00

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Apr 18 10:17:02 GMT 2002

Hi Christian,
I suspect that this is simply a result of 2.2.3a needing/using more
fcntl locks than it's predicessors, and that the nflocks kernel parameter
in HP-UX is by default rather small (200).
I would suggest that you use SAM to modify the kernel parameter 'nflocks',
possibly up to about 1000 or so; this will require a regen and reboot, that
SAM will do for you.

Also, take a look at the online HP-UX documentation for this samba version
at:

http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/B8725-90021/B8725-90021.html

There is a section called HP-UX Configuration for CIFS/9000 (samba) that
discusses
how to determine appropriate values for nflocks, as well as other kernel
tuneable parameters that you will need to alter depending on # of users,
etc.

Hope this helps,
Don