[Samba] Samba+LDAP - must change password flag doesn't reseted

Viktor Posta viktor_posta at hu.ibm.com
Thu Apr 18 09:32:03 GMT 2002

Hi all !

I have a working Samba PDC with an LDAP backend !

The problem, is taht, when I set the on the user account the Must Change
Password flag to 1, the it works,
and at the next logon the user gets an answer, that you password will
expire today !

Okay, change the password, everithing is OK, password changed...

At the next logon the password change window come up again...   and
again....

 - The password last set value, has been changed after a password change
-  The password really changed, so next time I can logon with the new one
-  The password must change value didn't change it is the same as before
the pw change

  The following error has been logged to the log file of the WS after the
password change

[2002/04/18 18:02:55, 0] passdb/passdb.c:pdb_free_sam(210)
  pdb_free_sam: SAM_ACCOUNT was NULL

FYI:
I don't use the unix password change option in the samba conf, because
I'm using the LDAP to store the users, and anyway only I'm the only one
user who
needs to logon from the Unix side to the server, so I don't need to
synchronize these !

I guess somewhere I'm wrong , but maybe not, please help me folks !

Thanks in advance !

Env:   RH7.2 - samba2.2.3.a - OPenLDAP 2.0.23-4

Best Regards !

Viktor Posta