[Samba] sharing OS/2 directory to be browsed by smbmount

John Merryweather Cooper john_m_cooper at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 06:35:18 GMT 2002

You need to have Peer installed on the OS/2 machine.  You also need to
have the "NETBIOS over TCP/IP" protocol properly configured.  Unlike
WinDoze, OS/2 does not broadcast itself to hither and yon--you need to
create a list of machines that you want to broadcast to in the
configuration for the protocol.  You'll also need to upgrade to the
latest versions of the MPTS stack (fixes some old DNS-related issues)
for your version (probably 4.0t or 4.0y--or if you have Warp 4.5 (aka
eComstation) 4.32).

Once you have it properly configured, there's a GUI browser folder you
can use to browse.  It all works rather well for me.  :)

         _
  | |V| / '                       ||  MacroHard --                   \
\_| | | \_,                       ||     the perfection of form over |
----------------------------------||     substance, marketing over   |
Web:  http://www.borgsdemons.com  ||     performance, and greed over |
AIM:  johnmcooper                 ||     design . . .                |