[Samba] Problems with printerdriver installation with NT APW

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl
Thu Apr 18 03:28:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the installing a printerdriver for samba served printer
with the NT APW or rpcclient. Uploading of the printerdriver files works fine,
but when it comes to the point of linking the driver to the printer I get a NT
access violation error. The APW messages are: "unable the switch to the new
driver, returning to previous settings" and a "access denied" message. With
rpcclient (samba-2.2.2) a get a NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I tried numerous
things with samba-2.2.2, samba-2.2.3a and the latest from CVS samba-2.2.4-pre,
but I can't get things working! Because the regarding server must work in a
production environment,  the only stable situation I can get is when I disable
spoolss, but this is a far from preferable situation offcourse!
What do I miss here? Any ideas? What I would like to know if all printer
settings are saved on the samba server or maybe parts of them are saved locally
on the client? The ownership/rights on the TDB's are root.root and 600 or 640.
Is this ok for the printer admin group?

(FYI: unix permissions are ok :-) and I disabled the addprinter and
deleteprinter command by asigning /bin/false to these.)

--
Jan Kuipers
Systeembeheer Lauwers College