[Samba] Please Help: Connecting to the Samba Server from Windows

Daniel J. Charboneau dcharb at xceligent.com
Wed Apr 17 13:30:03 GMT 2002

I have configured a Redhat 7.2 box with samba compiled from the latest
source.  Samba is running and joined to the domain.  From the samba
server I can connect to the Win2k boxes using Kerberos.  However, from
the Windows XP machine I am unable to connect to the samba server.  I
have applied the registry patch still no luck.  The error I am getting
is:

\\servername\public

A device attached to the system is not functioning

Can anyone help me out.

I am very new to Samba and Linux.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Daniel Charboneau