Antw: [Samba] Re: [Netatalk-devel] AFP_Resource files when copying files from NTFSvolumes viaexplorer

Andre Schild A.Schild at mail3.aarboard.ch
Wed Apr 17 09:42:05 GMT 2002

>You should use a Macintosh to copy macintosh created/edited files
between servers.
>Those <file_name>:AFP.... are the mac resource forks on the NTFS
filesystem.

Hmmmm....

yes, of course those are the resource parts of the NTFS system.
But since we are a crossplatform company who has mac + w2k as clients
and linux + nt servers, we realy have this problem.
And we work on projects where both platform clients must be able to
copy/move files, no matter who created them.
(We don't care about the resource forks, since the crossplatform stuff
anyway doesn't have any real infos in there)

Pablo

http://faqchest.dynhost.com/linux/ATALK/linux-99/linux-9906/linux-990602/linux99061112_03485.html