[Samba] R: Usernames starting with names

PINTO ELIA PINTO.ELIA at insedia.interbusiness.it
Wed Apr 17 05:45:01 GMT 2002

I  modified  source code contained on the src rpm
shadow-20000902-133.src.rpm
of the SuSe 7.3 Release. For other version of the package I think the method
is similiar.

After unpacking the shadow-20000902.tar.bz2  :

1) cd shadow-20000902
2) cd libmisc
3) update the file chkname.c as follow:

   3.1) - in the function good_name   substitute the line:

         if (!*name || !isalpha(*name))

      with

        if (!*name )

 3.2) - in the function check_group_name substitute the line:

 if (strlen(name) > 16)

  with

 if (strlen(name) > 32)

4) Then

    cd ..

    ./configure

    make

In the src directory  you have the modified useradd e groupadd. As far as I
understand you should be interested at item 3.1 only.

Regards

-