[Samba] Samba 2.2.2 vfs_getwd call failed on Caldera/SCO UnixWare 7.1.0

Van Cotoco vanc at yutivo.com
Wed Apr 17 05:36:02 GMT 2002

Hello:

I have Samba 2.2.2 installed on Caldera/SCO Unixware 7.1.0.  It is
working fine except that intermittently files cannot be opened from a
Windows 95 or 98 PC.
Folders and files appear on the Network Neighborhood, but when you click
on a filename, the error says the pathname cannot be found.  Sometimes
rebooting the Windows 95 or 98 PC will cure the problem, though
sometimes the problem persists across reboot. Sometimes the file will
become accessible on another attempt without me having to do anything.

The syslog shows smbd [process id] vfs_getwd call failed. Permission
Denied.

Will highly appreciate any help on this issue.

Thank you.

Van