[Samba] Fwd: Strange Problem with Access

Ruben Fagundo rfagundo at npv.com
Tue Apr 16 12:51:02 GMT 2002

After much frustration, I am pleased to say that I have narrowed the
problem I was experiencing to what I believe to be a bug in either the
Microsoft Jet Engine, or Microsoft networking itself.  I have found that if
I move the database to a windows machine with a shared drive, I get the
same error message.  Therefore this proves that there is no problem with
the samba server.  I  apologize for wasting all your time with this, when
it was a bug in Microsoft's product all along.  I should have checked the
obvious before assuming the problem was more complex than it really was.

So, I have concluded that Samba is working perfectly fine, and a much
better product than anything Microsoft has ever produced.

Regards,
Ruben Fagundo
NPV Solutions
http://www.npv.com