[Samba] CIFS & SMB Microsoft licenses

Sanjiv Bawa sbawa at tabmaster.com
Tue Apr 16 11:16:01 GMT 2002

This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. How on earth are they
going to prove that someone ever read something that was publicly available.
Especially when SMB is such a widely understood protocol.

I don't think this is targeted towards samba per se, as much as microsofts
huge customers that bring them their bread and lard. Hey corporate CIO,
don't you dare or else....

Monopolies always attempt to maintain their monopolies. These guys are no
different than standard oil and ma bell. If anything they are much worse, in
that after losing 4 times, they still keep doing the same thing.

The only way to fight this is to deprive them of their client plaform.

So, support the following projects
Lindows www.lindows.com
WineHQ www.winhq.org
Star Office www.staroffice.org

and quit using Microsoft junk on your desktops. And start pushing
alternatives to your clients and organizations.

Sanjiv