[Samba] installation question

Scott Dunn sdunn at ustc.hm
Tue Apr 16 09:59:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am new to linux and samba. I am interested in installing Samba-2.2.3a
on our new file server for a more stable server and to save costs on
Microsoft products. I have redhat 7.2 installed but haven’t been able to
get Samba installed. I haven’t even been able to get past the first step
(./configure) I put the samba directory underneath root and then cd
source, from here I put in ./configure or just configure and it comes
back stating that the file doesn’t exist. Well when I do a ls or dir I
can clearly see that it does. I’m not sure where to go from here. Please
point out the obvious, I’m sure it’s something simple I just don’t get.

I’m using KDE gui.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Scott Dunn
USTC
IS Dept.
(530)899-4363
sdunn at ustc.hm

"Failure is all right if it doesn't go to the heart.
 Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head."