[Samba] Path too deep

Special industrial Lighting silint at special.nl
Tue Apr 16 07:07:02 GMT 2002

dear sir,

I have samba 2.2.3a running on RedHat linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10
all other computers on the network are windows XP machines.

I do NOT have any problems when reading with windows XP from any share in the linux server, however when i try to copy a file to the share, my windowsXP explorer stops responding for about 30 secs and then gives the error-message 'could not copy file: path is too deep'.

after re-installing and reviewing samba for about ten times and experimenting with many different configurations i give up.

are there any known causes and or solutions for this problem.

please help,

best regards,
Jan van den Berg

System info: