[Samba] Access denied when using samba as a profile server

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 05:41:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have been using samba for a long time, but since our windows 2000 machine
are becoming unreliable (fileserver problems). I want to move users profiles
onto our UNIX/SAMBA server.

The problem I am getting is that when a user logs onto a client it is
unable to copy the users profile from the SAMBA drive to the local C drive.

I.e. unable to copy \\UNIXhost\user\winntpro\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\brndlog.txt to C:\Document and Settings\user\winntpro\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\brndlog.txt.

ACCESS DENIED.

Thanks

Andrew Watkins