[Samba] Minolta printer

mitchbnj_removethis at excite.com faslink at excite.com
Mon Apr 15 19:04:02 GMT 2002

OK: I'll bite:

I bought one of the last of their color lasers before they bought QMS.   Ihave a magic-color laser.  For windows I use their Windows driver.
I used their web based software to do administration/queue management on it.

The quick answer is: It isn't quick!

IT's based on a network/printer controller from the peerless corporation which makes the firmware, as well as the TCP software onboard

Here's your first hints:
1) Use LPR/lpd.  (I have a UNIX System 5/Sun background)
2) set it up in *NIX first.  (use LPR)
3) After it works, using LPR,
Then perhaps it might work.

Of course this is advice coming from the shoemaker's child, as I only have this printer running on a stand-alone PC. (who has the darn time to do this--it isn;t a full-time job for me, it's my FRIGGING HOME!)

but the stuff on peerless is accurate, etc.

BTW: OT:  does anyone have/know how to burn a SIMM (?) strip with Postscript on it (or know where to buy the peerless PS ROM?)

Mitch B