[Samba] NT 4 PDC / add users to samba

Ryu odjmico2 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 15 16:11:02 GMT 2002

hello,please forgive me if i write to a wrong adress ...

i've been browsing for hours to find this information but there's either too
much doc or i was'nt able to find it... So if you could help me please.

here's my problem :

i have a PDC under NT4 server, on the other hand i have a linux client
machine offering a shared hard drive to the Domain users...

all 'guests users' can browse and execute files of the samba share but can't
create/modify a file and that's not what i want, i want to allow them to add
files on that drives. it is a Vfat, read/write , guests, security=domain
share

i created a user on the samba server and on the pdc, using same name +
password. this user UUU can create/modify files on the samba share, but not
the others of the domain , why ???

so i though, well i have to add all users of my domain, or all groups of my
domain... but i don't know their passwords so i can't create them manually
on the samba server, SO HOW CAN I IMPORT THEM DIRECTLY FROM THE NT PDC ???

thank you.