[Samba] Exchange Replacement (OT)

Gareth Blades gareth.blades at webscreen-technology.com
Mon Apr 15 08:36:02 GMT 2002

I have tried it and I was not very impresses. It's features were good by the
way it handled the syncronisation and it's reliability was poor.

If you selected a folder which contained say 1000 entries it would
syncronise to it in the background. If you then selected another folder it
would add that to the queue to syncronise but after it finished it would
crash outlook. Then due to it's flawed syncronisation method when you
reconnected it would download the whole lot again resulting in duplicates.

Some emails (about 1 in 100 from this list) produce errors and it won't
import them.

It doesn't use the IMAP features. So for example if you reply or mark an
email read it is not marked as such on the IMAP server.