[Samba] Modem Configuration

Andrew Hanson amh at architechs.com
Mon Apr 15 03:31:02 GMT 2002

I have installed a external 3Com 56k modem on an installation of suse
7.1.
The modem is dialling out fine but when it comes to registering itself
on the
Network at the ISP end (which is Freeserve), it brings an error message
back saying
'pppd daemon died unexpectedly. Exit Status 16'
I have seen this before and in the past I have deleted the following
lines in
/etc/ppp/options:
	lcp-echo-interval 30
	lcp-echo-failure 4

This has worked before but this time I am still getting the same
message.
Does anyone know if this was the right thing to do and if so why am I
Still getting this message.

Thanks in advance

Andy