[Samba] Exchange Replacement (OT)

dj at 4ict.com dj at 4ict.com
Mon Apr 15 00:01:09 GMT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Matthew Walker wrote:

> This is somewhat off topic, but since everyone here is probably
> interested in the topic, I thought I’d ask.
>
> I’m looking  for a replacement for Exchange that will run on a Linux
> box. Preferably, it would support all the features of Exchange, but I
> realize that’s probably not possible. If anyone knows of a package like
> this for Linux, let me know. I’d like to get our network away for the
> Small Business Server that we’re using now. The licences are ludicrous.
> (We just spent $700 for 10 licences. And they’re taking 2 weeks to get
> the to us.)

I've recently come a Exchange compatible server that runs on Linux. It's
from Bynari (www.bynari.com).

The server is called Insight. They also have a connector plugin that lets
Outlook connect to standard IMAP based servers. So you have two options to
get away from Exchange.

Kind regards,
Tim

Tim Verhoeven
                               Music Services - Michel Stoffels
GSM : 0496 / 693 453                          + Deejayteam
Email : dj at sin.khk.be                         + Sound & Light rentals
=========Public PGP-Key at : http://www.sin.khk.be/~dj/publickey.txt==========
          Member of Student Information Networking (www.sin.khk.be)