[Samba] Maybe OT: How can i integrate KERBEROS/LDAP for Windows/Samba password-hashs ?

Harry Rüter harry_rueter at gmx.de
Sun Apr 14 03:41:02 GMT 2002

Hi people,

the topic is maybe a little outside of samba things,
but i try to find someone who has the same
intention as me.

I'm using LDAP/CYRUS-SASL/KERBEROS
for authentification of LINUX-users in my network
(posixAccount).

I now wanna use this for sambaAccounts too, so that
the Windows-users use kerberized authentification too.

My configuration :
Samba 2.2.3a , Openldap 2.0.23 , Kerberos V,
Cyrus-SASL 1.5.27 on LINUX-machine (Kernel 2.4.18).

In my LDAP i tried something like that (an
example,anonymized ..) :
(My REALM here is XY.AB)