w2k-fyi was: [Samba] Samba with Win2K clients...

No NamePlease faslink at excite.com
Sat Apr 13 21:03:02 GMT 2002

Just as an FYI, you DO know that on win (98/95/ME/XP/NT/2000, etc)
you MUST have a lmhosts. file NOT a lmhosts.sam file.
on win98/etc  copy c:\windows\lmhosts.sam to lmhosts. That's a period followed by a single space.)

On WinNT/2000 copy c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.sam to
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.  (same deal (period/space)

Mitch

BTW, I still havent figured out my permission problems with my guest logons yet.  and also not my w2k box authenticating
correctly either