[Samba] Printing with samba 2.2.3a

James Bagley Jr jabagley at cvs.agilent.com
Sat Apr 13 13:24:02 GMT 2002

Hey,

I'm trying to setup samba print services on our unix print server (HP-UX
11.11) and am having a little trouble...  I am following the instructions
outlined in the HOWTO collection here:
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#PRINTING

I get stuck at "Setting Drivers for Existing Printers".  Attempting to
look at the properties for a given printer results in this error message:

The server print-test does not accept remote requests

Here are some excerpts from my smb.conf:

[global]
        printer admin = root,jabagley
        printing = HPUX
        load printers = yes
        printcap name = lpstat
        security = SERVER
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        null passwords = Yes
        password server = x.x.x.x

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        path = /usr/local/samba/printers
        guest ok = yes
        browseable = yes
        read only = yes
        write list = root,jabagley

Any ideas?

--
James Bagley			|           CDI Innovantage
james_bagley at non.agilent.com	| Technical Computing UNIX Admin Support