[Samba] I just wanted to comment on what a great job the Samba team is doing!

Tom Syroid tom at syroidmanor.com
Fri Apr 12 17:03:02 GMT 2002

Bill set his system up to propagate user authentication via NIS and via
rsync'ing the smbpasswd on a routine basis. Samba HEAD will do it
internally (that is, without external programs like NIS and rsync) using
RPC calls.

CVS-HEAD is the development branch of Samba -- it will eventually be Samba
3.0.
CVS-SAMBA_2_2 is the current "bug-fix" tree -- it will soon (likely next
week) be Samba 2.2.4.

/tom

--On Friday, April 12, 2002 18:53 -0400 Charles Marcus