[Samba] Nt Group Support

dj at 4ict.com dj at 4ict.com
Thu Apr 11 13:21:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Kevin Druet wrote:

> Could someone please tell me if Samba supports NT domain group mapping in
> anyway ?

What do you mean by group mapping?  Could you explain it a bit more?

If you mean the mapping of Windows domain groups to UNIX groups. Like
getting all the groups that exist in a domain and put them into the
/etc/group file. Then the answer is yes. A new daemon called winbind does
this. It is included in recent Samba versions (I think starting from
version 2.2.2)

See the Samba HOWTO collection on the samba website (in documentation), it
contains a section about winbind

Regards,
Tim

Tim Verhoeven
                               Music Services - Michel Stoffels
GSM : 0496 / 693 453                          + Deejayteam
Email : dj at sin.khk.be                         + Sound & Light rentals
=========Public PGP-Key at : http://www.sin.khk.be/~dj/publickey.txt==========
          Member of Student Information Networking (www.sin.khk.be)