[Samba] Using winbind on AIX 4.3.3

Darin DeCounter ddecounter at reviewjournal.com
Thu Apr 11 09:09:05 GMT 2002

I was reading in Samba-2.2.2 documentation that Winbind is currently only
available for the Linux operating system.  Is this still the case?  We use
AIX 4.3.3 and I thought this might help us with our problem.  We're only
wanting to authenticate through the NT-PDC (we don't want to have matching
usernames/passwords at the AIX level), and once they're verified on the
NT-PDC, they should have access to shares that are valid for their
particular workgroup (as I've defined in smb.conf).  Thanks for any tips.

Darin DeCounter

Atex Assistant System Administrator
Las Vegas Review-Journal
702-387-5230