[Samba] Windows Shares Problem

Andrew Hanson amh at architechs.com
Thu Apr 11 07:53:10 GMT 2002

I have Suse linux installed using Samba on a windows network acting as
the data and printer server with shared folders.
For some reason i cannot access the shared folders or even the printer
on the samba server.
The shares are set up for all users read / write permissions but every
time i try to access them through network
neighborhood it keeps asking me for a password. I can't figure out why
it wants a password or what the password should be.
Is there anybody out there who could  help.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

ArchiTechs iT Ltd

25 Queens Square Business Park
Huddersfield Road
Honley
Holmfirth
HD9 6QZ
t: 01484 451888
f: 01484 452888
e:  <mailto:amh at architechs.com> amh at architechs.com

  _____

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged. It is intended for the named addressee
only. Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
for the addressee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone
else. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact:
<mailto:it at architechs.com> it at architechs.com Thank you for your
co-operation.