[Samba] winbind

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Apr 11 06:03:04 GMT 2002

I have successfully compiled and launched winbindd on AIX 4.3.3 without
any modification to the 2.2.4-pre code. It appears to work fine on the
surface. I notified Jeremy about 2 weeks ago. I've not done "exhaustive"
testing, but it does work.

All of the necessary header files exist in 4.3.3 and the libnss_winbind.so
library is successfully created. winbindd launches when the appropriate
lines are addedd to the global section for user and group translation and
the library is copied to /usr/lib. wbinfo options enumerate users and
pings successfully.

I'm currently testing it on AIX 5.1.0 in my spare time.

Bill