[Samba] Large file copy problem

Wayne Sheehan waynes at ostalink.com.au
Thu Apr 11 01:10:05 GMT 2002

Hi all:

Further to my submission regarding lost network connection on large file copies between Samba 2.2.1a on a RH7.2 server.  It most defintely occurs only during large file transfers 100-200MB size.  I was able to copy the "Program files" and "Windows" folders to a shared samba drive and then copy them back.  Mind you prior to upgrading to RH7.2 from RH7.1 and of course thereby upgrading my Samba version all was working well :)  I hope that this helps someone more conversant with Samba to steer me in the right direction.

Regards Wayne Sheehan