[Samba] smbpasswd restore question

Ricker, Tony rickert at slucare1.sluh.edu
Wed Apr 10 11:43:03 GMT 2002

All,
	I have to wipe my box (RTFM) and the last time I did it, I had to do
the smbpasswd -a for each user. I backed up the relevant smb files,
smbpasswd, smbusers, and smb.conf. What is the proper protocol to wipe a
machine and re-install samba while seamless to the user? I did a test where
I rename the cp smbpasswd and move it to another dir, rename the smbpasswd
in /etc/samba, and then cp the file back to /etc/samba and no problems. I
hope this makes sense. I appreciate any and all help. If anyone needs any
more info, let me know.

Setup:
Red Hat Linux 7.2
Kernel 2.4.9-31smp