[Samba] Windows 2000 Terminal Server and Samba

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Wed Apr 10 07:13:05 GMT 2002

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like you have put a lot of effort in on
this.

Your idea for the netbios aliasing sounds intriguing.  I have no ideas
myself on what the limit of aliases might be, but I do have a test SAMBA
machine here which I might try playing with a little bit to see what I can
find out.

I saw the messages from Christian and yourself regarding moving up to SAMBA
2.2.3a and recommend the moving up all your servers to this version as I
believe the SAMBA versions after 2.0.7 were supposed to be a little better
with dealing with Windows 2000  (although I am not positive of this).
Also, you might also want to look at the HP CIFS/9000 Server 2.2a version
1.08 now available (this version is based on SAMBA 2.2.3a, and has some
HP-UX enhancements included).  I am currently evaluating this for use on
some of our servers here.

As for your problem with the file locks, you could try looking at the
CIFS/9000 Server 2.2a Release Notes (available from http://www.docs.hp.com
<http://www.docs.hp.com> ) as it contains some some recommendations for
setting of  kernel parameters on HP-UX systems.

Drew