[Samba] Getting Samba to work

Andrew Hanson amh at architechs.com
Wed Apr 10 06:45:02 GMT 2002

I am fairly new to Linux and i am having problems with Samba.
I have installed Suse 7.1 on my PC, and also the samba add on from the
disks supplied
with the product, but there seems to be nothing available within linux
to run and/or manage samba.
Can anyone help? Am i doing something wrong? All i want to do is run a
samba server for data and print
sharing on a network, running Win 98, NT and 200 machines.
I have downloaded samba from the samba.org site but how the hell do you
install it, and is it the right one.
Being a windows man i am still trying to get to grips with the linux
language.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Regards
Andrew Hanson

ArchiTechs iT Ltd

25 Queens Square Business Park
Huddersfield Road
Honley
Holmfirth
HD9 6QZ
t: 01484 451888
f: 01484 452888
e: amh at architechs.com

  _____

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged. It is intended for the named addressee
only. Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
for the addressee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone
else. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact:
it at architechs.com Thank you for your co-operation.