[Samba] Promlem with printer driver

Florian Wagner florian.wagner at ivmed.imed.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Apr 10 04:47:02 GMT 2002

Hello,
I have a strange problem with samba-2.2.2 (running under HP-UX 10.20)
and the installation of  printer drivers.
If I Win2k connect to the samba-server and have a look at the
server-properties of  printers folder, I can see that
there are printer drivers installed for a few different printers (th
installation of the drivers is no problem with the printer driver
installation wizard). But when I try to add a network based printer to
the local workstation, I always get the message that the (samba-)server
has got not suitable driver and I should install the
driver locally. What's the problem?
Here is my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = KLIMIBIO
    server string = Samba 2.2.2 LDS2
    log file = /var/opt/samba/log.%m
    addprinter command = /opt/samba/bin/addprn_cmd
    guest account = smbnull
    print command = lp -c -d%p -onojob -s %s; rm %s
    map system = Yes

[homes]
    comment = Homedirectory
    read only = No
    create mask = 0710
    directory mask = 0710
    browseable = No

[print$]
    path = /opt/samba/printers
    write list = root, at ntadmin
    guest ok = Yes

[ldslas_2]
    comment = HP LaserJet 2100 (Schreibzimmer)
    path = /var/tmp
    min print space = 20000
    printable = Yes

[ldslas_3]
    comment = HP LaserJet 2200DN (Chefsekretariat)
    path = /var/tmp
    min print space = 20000
    printable = Yes

[ldslas_4]
    comment = HP LaserJet 2200DN (Dr. Albert)
    path = /var/tmp
    min print space = 20000
    printable = Yes

[ldscol_1]
    comment = HP InkJet 2250TN (Schreibzimmer)
    path = /var/tmp
    min print space = 20000
    printable = Yes

Thanks,