[Samba] (no subject)

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 9 18:24:02 GMT 2002

> * Can't reboot Win2k boxes from Linux
>
>   Apparently warpanel issues an RPC to Win2k clients to get them to
> reboot.  Don't think Samba is capable of this(?), and I tried running
> warpanel in wine...  no go either.  Is there another way to reboot Win2K
> clients from Linux (preferably as nicely as warpanel)?

In Samba HEAD use the net 'net' utility for this:

net rpc shutdown -r

should do it (read the source, no doco yet...)

Thank idra for the initial code, which I moved into 'net' late last year.

Samba HEAD also has the server side, if you want to reboot samba servers,
but the script must be configured first.

Andrew Bartlett