[Samba] Re: help compiling

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Apr 9 14:43:02 GMT 2002

Hello Russ,
On an HP-UX system, this type of error would mean that you are not using an
ansi c standard compiler - see, if the compiler fails for some reason (it
doesn't like the options it's passed, for instance), then it will fail to
build the little test program that configure is using to test to see if a
particular function is valid on your system.  Configure can't tell the
difference between the compiler failing to compile the test program, and the
test program failing - so either way, it marks the function as not
available.
With something as BASIC as seteuid method or automated network interface
stuff failing, its more likely a problem with your compiler.  So look at the
config.log file, searching for
"checking for setresuid"

and see what your compiler is complaining about.  Chances are that you need
a later version of gcc for your OS...

Good luck,
Don