[Samba] Re: help compiling

Russ Gilman-Hunt r_gilman at hotp.com
Tue Apr 9 14:23:02 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 13:57, Bob Crandell wrote:
> I'm new here but I believe this is a no blush zone.
>
> Try ./configure --with-winbind=no
>
> It defaults to being on.

Hmm, yes, I see that. In my configure printout, it looks like it decides not
to build winbind, and then "checks configure summary" and starts complaing at
that point. (the ./configure --with-winbind=no failed as well, but didn't do
the 'checking whether to build winbind' thing. )

This error has happened to people before (in 1999, for instance):
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-ntdom/1999-December/041245.html
but I still can't see a way around it.  I was kind of hoping it was a common
mistake / FAQ :)

-Russ