[Samba] Samba not accepting authentication information

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Apr 9 08:41:23 GMT 2002

Hello,

during the past few months we have seen samba suddently refusing to
accept authentication information. A restart of samba is required in
order to fix it.

The symptomes are that user's can log in to their Win2K clients using
the domain account, but they get a message during log in saying they do
not have access to their own profile.

Trying to browse the server is not possible; it won't accept
usernames/passwords at all.

There is nothing in the logs that we can attribute to this problem. So
far it's a mystery. It seems that people who are already logged in are
still able to access their file normally; it just won't accept new
authentications.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'