[Samba] Username length

paul.frans.musolf at philips.com paul.frans.musolf at philips.com
Tue Apr 9 01:11:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

We are currently using samba in our company. We wil migrate van WinNT to Win2k in the near future.
During the migration we will change names for both the user accounts as the server names.
We will have usernames like: PROOLI1034555 and server names like PROOLISRV001 etc..

Do you have any experience with this size of names ? We are using Samba 2.2.3.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Paulfrans Musolf                                                                Email: paul.frans.musolf at philips.com
Tel: +31 165 577603                                                          Fax: +31 165 577433

International Distribution Centre                                    Philips Lighting BV
Bredaseweg 203          4705 RN    Roosendaal       The Netherlands