[Samba] NTLM authoriaztion & Samba (and other SMB-compatible) servers.

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Tue Apr 9 00:19:02 GMT 2002

Hello Andrew,

Tuesday, April 09, 2002, 1:40:40 AM, you wrote:

>> BTW, could I use libsmbclient for cli_logon() and other functions?
>> I've looked at samba code, and understand, that forwarding of pakcets
>> need RPC and IPC$ code, and it is huge amount of it.
AB> I'm not sure if the right stuff is exported, but in any case, as soon as
AB> you link to Samba your project becomes subject to the GPL.
  It could be optional. And there is, libsmbclient WILL NOT BE PART OF
  MY PROJECT, only optional feature. I will not use CODE from this
  library. So, it is not so clear, will be my project GPL in this case
  or not. But in ANY case, this list is not a right place for such
  discussions.

>>   Samba-grabbed, I know. But I want BSD, so I wrote this by hands,
>>   using info from squid-realted doc.
AB> Is it?  Samba didn't have an easily grabbable NTLMSSP client when I
AB> first saw references to this in fetchmail
   Oh yes, it is my fault. It is `libntlm 0.21'

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev at serebryakov.spb.ru