[Samba] Problems installing Samba

Dirk Allaert da at schaubroeck.be
Tue Apr 9 00:02:02 GMT 2002

I guess you are trying to start samba from /etc/pam.d/samba. That's not
a binary but the pam config file for samba. The binaries that have to be
started are smbd and nmbd, if you installed with rpm these should be in
/usr/sbin.

Even easier: run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start" or use "service smb start"
If you want samba to start automatically use
"chkconfig --level 2345 smb on"