[Samba] (no subject)

Brian --V Scrub LLC -- brian at vscrub.com
Mon Apr 8 18:58:02 GMT 2002

Greetings,

   I'm trying to set up a samba mount on a RedHat Linux 7.2 machine to share
with my Win2k box.  The windows machine can "see" the linux machine, but
when I try to map network drive it can't find the path.  Running sbastatus
generates the following errors:

tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/brlock.tdb:  no such file or directory
Failed to open byte range locking database
tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/locking.tdb: no such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

So, clearly I have something misconfigured....  just not sure how to
proceed.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

Brian