[Samba] Winbind problem

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Mon Apr 8 10:20:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using Samba 2.2.3a-20020206 on a Red Hat Linux 7.2 server, trying to
connect it to my W2K domain.  I have configured winbind according to the
winbind.html help that comes with the Samba rpm, and have gotten one server
working, but not the other.  When I try to run wbinfo -g or wbinfo-u I get
Error looking up domain groups.  When I try wbinfo -t I get Secret is bad
0xc0000001.

I did finally get Samba to join the W2K domain, but I had to add the DC to
my DNS server (also on the same machine) before that would happen.

How do I get winbind to work properly?  What am I missing?  I have edited
the nsswitch.conf file, added winbind, reloaded it according to
instructions, and it seems to start OK.

Thanks,
Kevin Bramblett